Because it’s 5 o’clock and cold outside but everyone in your house has the flu. You need your vitamin C kick and you refuse to skip happy hour again. This gorgeous babe will get you through the winter doldrums starting tonight and taking you right through to Sunday Brunch. Makes 2.
4 shots Vodka
2 c Grapefruit Juice
1/2 c Tart Juice
Think pomegranate, cranberry, or cherry
1 c Seltzer or Dry Bubbly
1 c Turbinado sugar
1 c Water
12 inches fresh rosemary
Rosemary sprigs & Pomegranate seeds for garnishing
2 Rocks Glasses
Long Cocktail Spoon
Rosemary Simple Syrup
- Combine sugar, water, and 12 inches fresh rosemary into the saucepan.
- Bring to boil, then turn down to simmer.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Turn off heat.
- Let steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain out the rosemary and keep syrup to use here and EVERYWHERE.
- Combine vodka, grapefruit juice, seltzer and 2 shots simple syrup in the shaker.
- Pour into rocks glasses over ice.
- Bleed tart juice down the side of the glass so it settles on the bottom.
- Garnish with rosemary and pomegranate seeds.
WHY YOU NEED THIS RECIPE:
It is effing cold outside. You might be inclined to stay in on a Friday night, but the thought of a gorgeous cocktail is dancing around. Throw on the pajamas, turn on the tunes, and make a few of these tonight. Absolutely killer brunch drink also.
We hope you enjoy these as much as we did last weekend!
We’d love to see your sexy sustenance — tag us @properlyforked or #properly forked.
Recipe created and tested in Properly Forked kitchen.